1) Be prepared – your performance day is not the time to learn a new song and sing it..Know it so well that it’s second nature.
2) Show your passion exuding from your eyes and radiating from your body.
3) Pick appropriate material considering who you are, your age, your abilities.
4) Know that you never get a second chance to make a first impression.
5) Practice, rehearse, wear your performance like a second skin.
6) Do your warm ups – singing, dancing or acting. Get your voice ready, get limber, be happy in your skin.
7) Connect emotionally and visually to the judges
8) You must want it so badly you can taste it. Maybes never win.
You have one minute to win me over. Show me what you’ve got, I want to see it!